Never give up...October 2024:
Being a parent is just hard. Our children need our consistent love and support. Sometimes we don't have the energy, sometimes we are just emotionally spent and sometimes we just need a minute for ourselves.
That being said, I firmly believe that as parents we need to fight hard for the commitment we made bringing a child into this world; whether by birth or by adoption.
Consistency is hard. Teenagers are harder. And sometimes the path forward seems impossible. The reality is that life keeps moving forward with or without your participation. So choose to participate.
It's funny, I left this post with that statement in 2024 without posting it or continuing on with my thoughts. But as stated, life has moved on and I chose to keep moving forward in my journey and relationship with Josie. I know this commitment has made all the difference...
Looks like it's time for a new post! My calendar says it's July 30th, 2026. LOL.
No comments:
Post a Comment