Monday, October 13, 2008

For a bit of history...

Ned was traveling with HMX-1 to Rwanda in January and February of 2008. When he arrived, he was struck by the hope, joy and purity of the people of Rwanda (who not so long ago suffered the worst genocide in recent world history).

The children Ned saw all over the country had very little but had such happiness on their little faces. It was after Ned's first phone call to me from Rwanda that I realized that we had found a path that I had long been searching for. Since losing our sweet Elliot 6 1/2 years ago, I've been trying to find what it is that I'm supposed to do...that is, what I'm supposed to do in Elliot's memory, to honor him, to make him proud, to live life as we would have with him, to share the love we still have in our hearts for him that has no where to go but tears. So there it was; my answer, my path - all the way in Rwanda - adoption!

That being said, please meet Josie Biehl! She is 8-9 months old and lives at Mother Teresa's Home of Hope in Kigali, Rwanda. This little one was abandoned on the side of a road when she was 1 1/2 months old. By some grace she was found and taken to Mother Teresa's. Now, we have the unbelievable fortune to have been found by her!

1 comment:

sparks family said...

Elliot has always been proud of his mom and dad - he is now proud of the love his sister has brought to them